Sunday, March 31, 2013

Discovering something new


Discovering something new -

   The website that I looked at is  - http://www.go2web20.net/

Babble.com
The 1st Web 2.0 site I selected was babble.  This website helps you to learn a new language.  I tested using Spanish.  The site has both a beginner and advanced section.  The beginner section started with common words and how to pronounce the basic conversational phrases.  There was also a review/quiz at the end of each section.  I wanted to find a website that is free and can help me become familiar with Spanish for a trip to Spain this summer.

I will ask the language teachers what they think of Internet sites that can be used to supplement instruction.

Micello.com
The 2nd Web 2.0 site I selected was Micello.  This site allows you to save indoor venue maps.  The maps can be saved and accessed on a computer and phone.  I thought it could be an interesting site to see the inside layout of places (museums, shopping centers, attractions).  You can search and then combine or mash-up maps together.  I checked out the site and found it difficult to use.  I found a local museum and shopping center but was distracted by the Twitter messages of people inside the buildings.  I was able to view all the Twitter messages including all the inappropriate and foul language included in all the messages.  This site would not work out well for school.  I like the idea that you can create and personalize maps of places you want to visit on a vacation. 

Fullcontact.com
The last website allows you to sync contacts between several social media sites (Facebook,  Twitter, Linkedin).  The site helps you to organize and add photos and key contact info and clean up contacts.  The site has option for business to organize a contact management system.  I think this site could be useful for personal organization and but not classroom use.

No comments:

Post a Comment