Friday, August 8, 2014

EDIM516 - Final Project & Reflection

Curated website links for - BYOD Project
Scoop it 

Screencastomatic video - BYOD Presentation




Final Reflection thoughts -

Making the video took a long time.  For the most part, the technology that I used worked.  To make the video I used Screencast-o-matic.  I tested out a quick video and saved it to my blog to make sure that it worked several days before I started the final project.  It did.  The final project though was too long and I had to make changes & redo to meet the time requirement of 5 - 10 minutes.  I originally thought that I could demonstrate a brief Prezi video and online links to APPS but that took up too much time.  I think the next time the class is taught that either the presentation should be longer 10 - 15 minutes or a paper should be included to supplement and explain the video.

I used Scoop It for the curation website.  I really like that site.  I used resources on BYOD from the Scoop It site for the data included in the final presentation.  I have two topics at the site - BYOD for the classroom & Ideas for Entrepreneurs.  The articles and links are great resources for both topics.  The articles and videos for Entrepreneurs will be very useful in my classes this fall.  I'm excited to present them to my students.

As a final thought, making the video took a long time.  I had several problems and remaking the video was very time-consuming.  I thought about the flipped classroom teachers and what a time commitment it must be to create the videos for multiple lessons and units.

2 comments:

  1. Shirley,
    Great job on both your curated magazine and your video presentation about BYOD policies! I did my project on the same topic! Like you, I used screen-cast-o-matic and I also struggled with the 5-10 minute time requirement. I kept doing it over and over again and was able to get my final video down to about 11 minutes. There just seemed like too much to talk about! I guess I’m used to teaching in a block scheduling school with about 80 minutes per class…so I can ramble on forever on any topic – lol!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some good learning here both from a technical but content as well. I'll definitely take this feedback into consideration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete